Mental Health & Addictions Service
- Programme Areas
Addictions - drug & alcohol
- Programme Type
Community / social support (AOD)
North Auckland, East Auckland, Central Auckland, West Auckland, South Auckland
- Age Groups
Youth, Adult, Older adult
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services, Corrections
People may contact us themselves, or be referred by the court, their lawyer, probation officer, the NZTA, or a range of other services.
If you have been given a 'section 65' indefinite licence disqualification by the court, you will need to have this removed before you can re-sit your licence. This means completing an alcohol and other drug assessment in order to assess your 'fitness to drive', given that you have 'lost' your licence for 'drink driving' offences.
Harmony Trust can help you through this process. There is no charge if this is your first attempt, as it will be funded by the NZTA (New Zealand Transport Agency).
The basic process is as follows:
- Firstly attend an assessment interview with Harmony Trust counsellor.
- Complete a blood test — this is a test for 'liver function' and full blood count.
- Attend an appointment with the Doctor who will review your blood test results.
- Complete any 'alcohol and drug' education recommended by your counsellor.
- Your counsellor will then send a report to the NZTA and you should receive a letter from them within one to two weeks.
- You will then need to re-sit your licence (call the NZTA on 0800 822 422 or visit www.nzta.govt.nz for more information on this process and to check the end date of your disqualification).
|Onehunga||The Onehunga Community Centre, 83 Church Street, Onehunga, Auckland|
|Glenfield||Glenfield Community Centre, 411 Glenfield Road, Glenfield, Auckland (Entry from Bentley Avenue)|
|Glen Eden||The Glen Eden Community and Recreation Centre, Harold Moody Park, 44 Glendale Road, Glen Eden, Auckland|
|Manurewa||The Bahal Centre, 6-16 Rowandale Avenue, Manurewa, Auckland|
|Panmure||Panmure Community Hall, 7-13 Pilkington Road, Panmure, Auckland|
To book in for an assessment at any of these centres, call (09) 636 3449 or 0800 183 975 or click here to email us.
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 6:31PM on June 25, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Harmony Trust.