Housing and Recovery Service – Residential Rehabilitation
- Programme Areas
- Programme Type
- Age Groups
Adult / pakeke, Older adult / kaumātua
- Referral Types
DHB clinical services
Hinemoa provides residential services in the ADHB area. Referrals are made only through the clinical teams & service coordinators in the relevant area. To access a clinical team you will need your GP to make the initial assessment and referral.
Anyone over the age of 18 who has a mental health illness.
Hinemoa is a community based residential service that has been operating since 1976 in Onehunga.
Hinemoa is a community in which residents are empowered to maximise their strengths and live a meaningful and satisfying life with recognition of their human rights, personal safety and freedom of choice, all within an infrastructure of optimum support, safety and comfortable co-existence.
Hinemoa will provide you with a key worker who will help you develop a goal plan.
Support will vary on what you need but may include:
- Social Skills - enhancing and building on communication skills, acceptable social behaviours, personal interaction with others, assertiveness
- Community Involvement - participation in a variety of community activities of residents choice
- Finance/Budgeting - teaching and assisting individual confidence and competency in money matters
- Daily Living Skills - supporting individual needs
- Goal Planning - working with residents to identify their personal goals and support to help them to achieve these
- Family/Whanau - supporting residents to build and strengthen relationships with their family/whanau and friends
- Smoking Cessation - supporting residents, staff and family/whanau to stop smoking
- Health & Wellbeing - supporting and promoting physical activity and health, healthy eating for residents and staff
Our services are provided free of charge to people who have been referred to our services by the DHB.
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
These are office hours, however support is also provided outside of these hours.
Residential Services - 24 hours, 7 days a week
Public Holidays: Open on all public holidays. The following public holidays differ to standard opening hours: Queen's Birthday (7 Jun, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM), Labour Day (25 Oct, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM), Auckland Anniversary (31 Jan, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM), Waitangi Day (Observed 7/2/22) (7 Feb, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM), Good Friday (15 Apr, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM), Easter Sunday (17 Apr, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM), Easter Monday (18 Apr, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM), ANZAC Day (25 Apr, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM).
(09) 636 7950
(09) 636 7951
021 134 7512
54-56 Selwyn Street
54-56 Selwyn Street
56 Selwyn Street
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:49PM on February 3, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Hinemoa.