Mental Health Education and Resource Centre (MHERC)
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Information & Resources
- Programme Areas
Mental health, Addictions - drug & alcohol, Addictions - other
- Programme Type
Training - AOD, Training - other addictions, Training - mental health
- Age Groups
Youth / rangatahi, Adult / pakeke, Older adult / kaumātua
- Referral Types
Anyone can call or visit our office/library at Level 1, 12 Hazeldean Road, Addington, Christchurch during opening hours Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm. Alternatively contact us by phone (03) 365 5344 / 0800 424 399, or via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you are seeking help for yourself or someone else, MHERC can provide information and resources including:
- Support: Friendly, knowledgeable staff to assist you in finding appropriate information and services to meet your needs
- Library: Free public library with books, DVDs and CDs on a wide range of topics. An e-library is also available.
- Resources: Brochures and fact sheets, including local support services available
- Canterbury Mental Health Directory: available online here or hard copies can be purchased online or at our office - cost of hard copies is $12.00 plus postage/courier
- Workplace Education/Training: Contact MHERC staff for further information about current professional development opportunities, as well as options for in-house training to suit your organisation's needs
- Community Education: Occasionally MHERC delivers community seminars and workshops. These may be subject to funding availability. We recommend that you subscribe to our newsletters to be kept updated about these.
Please note that MHERC is not a clinical service, however staff are happy to assist you to use the Canterbury Mental Health Directory to connect you with local support organisations.
0800 424 399
Contact us online here
12 Hazeldean Road
12 Hazeldean Road
PO Box 32035
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:19PM on July 30, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Mental Health Education and Resource Centre (MHERC).