- Programme Areas
Mental health, Addictions - other
- Programme Type
Community based support - other, Peer / advocacy / group / family whānau support, Community based support - mental health
- Age Groups
Adult / pakeke
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services
MIX is open to anyone over the age of 18 who has, or has had, the experience of mental illness.
We work in partnership with service users and welcome suggestions and feedback.
We have two daily programmes: Wellbeing & Community programme and Creative Space programme. All MIX participants can access either, or both programmes to ensure their needs are fully met.
We work so that individuals have an understanding of their holistic health. Using the Te whare tapa whā at MIX supports us to ensure our programmes are considering our Taha tinana (physical health), Taha wairua (spiritual health), Taha whānau (family health) and Taha hinengaro (mental health).
In both programmes, we use the 5 Ways to Wellbeing as cornerstones of our work.
Our programmes focus on supporting the recovery process for people with mental health needs, encouraging optimum functioning, growth, independence, and connections within the community. We achieve this by:
- Providing supportive, safe, welcoming facilities in Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt
- Facilitating social, intellectual, artistic, educational, and creative pursuits that enrich and empower the lives of service participants
- Affirming the place of Māori as tāngata whenua, promoting the spirit of equality and partnership under te tiriti o waitangi.
- Welcoming input from tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Participant feedback helps us to continuously improve our services and make them more effective.
- Providing opportunities to learn more about Tikanga Māori by participating in activities such as bone carving, tikanga classes, visiting with Kaupapa Māori services and participating in special events.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:01AM on February 10, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by Mix.