Nga Kete Matauranga Pounamu Charitable Trust - Mental Health & Addictions
Mental Health & Addictions Service, Kaupapa Māori
Gambling Harm Counselling
- Programme Areas
Addictions - other, Kaupapa Māori
- Programme Type
Community based support - gambling, Venue exclusion for problem gamblers, Kaupapa Māori - gambling & other addictions
- Age Groups
Adult / pakeke, Older adult / kaumātua
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services, Corrections
Access to this service can be through self-referral or external agency referral.
Support is provided to:
- Adult (18 years & older)
- Affected whānau
We deliver a free professional problem gambling service for both gamblers and others affected by gambling.
- One-on-one individual support.
- Te Rongo Pai - Self support group held every Wednesday 10.30am - 12.30pm for individuals and their whānau affected by gambling, alcohol or drugs (18 & over).
- Whānau/family meetings as part of a healing process.
- Mobile service (conditions apply).
- Aronui - art therapy programme - a group programme which aims to reduce the harm of problem gambling by exploring and understanding why participants gamble.
Multi Venue Self Exclusion
If your gambling is getting the better of you and you need help to get back on track, text your contact details to 022 016 7252. The programme allows an individual to access the Multi Venue Self Exclusion programme through a text message before an appointment is made at NKMP to begin the application process. MVSE allows you to exclude yourself from Invercargill gaming venues for three months to two years.
(03) 214 5260
(03) 214 5262
0800 925 242
Stop Smoking Email
92 Spey Street
92 Spey Street
PO Box 1749
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:04AM on June 17, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Nga Kete Matauranga Pounamu Charitable Trust - Mental Health & Addictions.