Oamaru Mental Health Support Charitable Trust
Mental Health & Addictions Service
9:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
Supporting people with mental illness.
Walking the road to mental well-being together.
Oamaru Mental Health Support Centre
- Programme Areas
- Programme Type
Community based support - mental health
- Age Groups
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services
Age Group: 18 - 65 years
You're welcome to come visit our centre:
Address: 17 France Street, Oamaru
Phone: (03) 747 4101
At the Oamaru Mental Health Support Centre, we support people (aged between 18-65 years) with a mental illness on an ongoing, day-to-day basis, promoting psychological and physical wellbeing in a comfortable, safe environment.
The following are just some of the services we provide for our regular clients:
- We listen to your problems and, if requested, give guidance and support
- We encourage you to participate in our activities, specially designed to stimulate you mentally and physically including:
- Bus trips, camps and other outings
- Indoor and outdoor games
- Walking, cycling, swimming and gentle exercise
- Quizzes and brain teasers
- Art and craft activities
- Movie, music and discussion afternoons
- We offer healthy living, healthy lifestyles advice
- We help you get connected with people and services
So come on in for a friendly chat, have a cuppa and meet new friends.
We are a small team made up of Manager and two Activities Co-Ordinators/Mental Health Support Workers.
We have a great skill mix including qualifications and experience in mental health, counselling, psychology, public health, management, and international sports.
9:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
|Mon – Fri||9:30 AM – 3:00 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Christmas: Open 21 Dec — 24 Dec. Closed 25 Dec — 28 Dec. Open 29 Dec — 31 Dec. Closed 1 Jan — 4 Jan.
English, Italian, Japanese, Māori, Russian, Spanish, Tongan, Ukrainian
No fees apply
There is parking in France Street, and surrounding areas.
We also provide a bike stand for those on bicycles.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 1:22PM on August 17, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Oamaru Mental Health Support Charitable Trust.