Papakura Support & Counselling Centre
Mental Health & Addictions Service
We offer a very welcoming and safe environment to help those needing support and encouragement through difficult issues. Our team of caring professionals will guide you to find solutions to improve self belief and promote well-being.
Support & Counselling
- Programme Areas
Crisis / acute, Mental health
- Programme Type
Intake / assessment, Community based support - mental health
East Auckland, Central Auckland, West Auckland, South Auckland
- Age Groups
Child / tamariki, Youth / rangatahi, Adult / pakeke, Older adult / kaumātua
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services
We operate as a drop-in service for crisis and support during office hours (9am - 3pm).
Individuals can walk-in or call us directly.
We work with all ages, from 8 years up. Referrals for children must come from a parent and an assessment will be completed first.
Low to moderate Mental Health, moreso Anxiety & Depression.
Counselling is a process to enable you to find solutions that are right for you. Counselling can improve your knowledge about yourself and your relationships. Your Counsellor will support and encourage you as you challenge ideas and beliefs that may no longer be helpful in your life.
We can help with Grief and Loss, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Burn out, Anger, Trauma, Relationships, Couples, Self-Esteem, Parenting, Sexual Abuse, Adolescents, Decision Making, Sexuality.
- Personal and Professional Development Courses
- ACC Counselling by a private ACC registerered counsellor
- Clinical Psychologist - both private and ACC: work related injury, pain work, anxiety, & depression
- Children and Adolescent Counselling
- Telephone Support
- Crisis Intervention & Support Work
- Walk-in Services for crisis and support
- Information and Referral Services
Personal and Professional Development Courses include:
- Liking Who I Am - Self-Esteem Course
- Parenting Courses - for all guardians, including Grandparents for children aged 1 - 11
- Parenting of Teenagers - for all guardians, including Grandparents for children aged 11 - 18
- Exploration Course of Anger for Women - how do Women cope with their Anger, the impact it has on them, their loved ones, workplace & socially. Anger to losses in their lives - death of a loved one, loss of a dream, job, relationship, a marriage.
We provide low-cost services and they may vary depending on individual circumstances. Funding may be available for those who meet the criteria.
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 3:00 PM|
We provide after hours appointments by request.
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Visit the Auckland Transport website here for more information.
There is 90 minute parking available on Chapel Street.
(09) 299 9466
4 Opaheke Road
4 Opaheke Road
PO Box 72 909
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:20AM on March 1, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Papakura Support & Counselling Centre.