People Relying on People (PROP)
Mental Health & Addictions Service
We are based in Thames and provide services in the following areas: Coromandel, Whitianga, Tairua, Pauanui, Whangamata, Ngatea, Paeroa, Te Aroha and Waihi.
Support for Carers
- Programme Areas
Mental health, Addictions - drug & alcohol
- Programme Type
Advocacy / group / family whanau support (AOD), Peer / advocacy / group / family whanau support
- Age Groups
Child, Youth, Adult, Older Adult
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services
Referrals usually come via self-referral, community mental health services or DHB services.
We prefer that referrals are made via email. A referral form is available upon request.
We provide information, support, education and advocacy for those who care for someone with mental health and/or addiction issues.
- Written resources relating to mental health disorders and addictions; information for families/whanau and caregivers.
- Useful websites supporting families living with someone with mental illness or addiction
- Monthly newsletters
- A designated family support facilitator
- Telephone support
- Group support meetings
Meetings are held in rural areas where you gain encouragement from others who understand the impact of living with someone with mental illness and addiction.
- Workshops and programmes are delivered.
- A comprehensive library is available for your use.
- Printed materials.
- We organise time out from your loved ones.
- A chance to have fun and relax with others who understand.
We organise recreational outings and events for the younger members of your family.
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:24PM on April 9, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by People Relying on People (PROP).