People Relying on People (PROP)
Mental Health & Addictions Service
We are based in Thames and provide services in the following areas: Coromandel, Whitianga, Tairua, Pauanui, Whangamata, Ngatea, Paeroa, Te Aroha and Waihi.
Support for Carers
- Programme Areas
Mental health, Addictions - drug & alcohol
- Programme Type
Peer / advocacy / group / family whanau support, Advocacy / group / family whanau support (AOD)
- Age Groups
Child, Youth, Adult, Older adult
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services
Referrals usually come via self-referral, community mental health services or DHB services.
We prefer that referrals are made via email. A referral form is available upon request.
We provide information, support, education and advocacy for those who care for someone with mental health and/or addiction issues.
- Written resources relating to mental health disorders and addictions; information for families/whanau and caregivers.
- Useful websites supporting families living with someone with mental illness or addiction
- Monthly newsletters
- A designated family support facilitator
- Telephone support
- Group support meetings
Meetings are held in rural areas where you gain encouragement from others who understand the impact of having someone close to you who is living with mental illness and/or addiction.
- Workshops and programmes are delivered.
- A comprehensive library is available for your use.
- Printed materials.
- We organise time out from your loved ones.
- A chance to have fun and relax with others who understand.
We organise recreational outings and events for the younger members of your family.
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:40AM on September 17, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by People Relying on People (PROP).