Pinnacle - Primary Mental Health Service
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Pinnacle Incorporated is a network of like-minded general practitioners and health professionals. We exist to make it easier for people to stay healthy.
See below for our Primary Mental Health Service or visit the Pinnacle website for the full range of available health programmes.
Primary Mental Health Service
- Programme Areas
- Programme Type
Non-acute specialist mental health community services
Waikato, Lakes, Tairawhiti, Taranaki
- Age Groups
Youth / rangatahi, Adult / pakeke
- Referral Types
This service enables general practice to support patients with mild to moderate mental health issues.
Referral to this programme must come via your GP, practice nurse or school nurse.
Pinnacle Midlands Health Network's primary mental health service makes it easier for general practice to support patients with mild to moderate mental health issues. Referrals are triaged and forwarded to the appropriate service provider for counseling or psychology.
The service offers non-acute specialist mental health community services, primary care psychiatry advice, mental health extended GP consultations and integrated transition from secondary to primary care.
The primary mental health service helps:
- improve coordination of care, experience and journey for those seeking or receiving care for primary mental health and addiction problems
- provide services to patients in the least restrictive environment for greatest gain
- improve early detection, diagnosis and treatment of mental illness and addiction with greater flexibility and tailoring intervention to meet individual patient need
- build capacity in primary care to better meet mental health needs in community settings
- ensure there is a continuum of care between primary and secondary services.
This support is funded through Pinnacle and provided free to the patient/person accessing the service.
Contact your GP to see if this programme is right for you.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:27AM on June 18, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Pinnacle - Primary Mental Health Service.