Pirirākau Hauora - Mental Health Services
Mental Health & Addictions Service
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Pirirākau Hauora provides a range of Kaupapa Māori Health Services. Please below for the Mental Health Services available or see the Pirirākau Hauora website for more information on GP and health services.
The Pirirākau Hauora service area covers from the Wairoa River to the Waipapa Stream, across to the Kaimai Ranges in the West and to the sea. These are Pirirākau tribal boundaries including Te Puna, Whakamarama and Omokoroa.
Te Puawaitanga o te Hinengaro - Mental Health Services
- Programme Areas
Mental health, Kaupapa Māori
- Programme Type
Peer / advocacy / group / family whanau support, Community based support - mental health, Non-acute specialist mental health community services, Kaupapa Māori - mental health
Bay of Plenty
- Age Groups
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services, Corrections
Referrals can be made in the following ways:
- Whānau referral
- Iwi or Hapū Agency Referral
- Community Organisation Referral
- Mental Health Service Referral
- Social Service Agency Referral
- GP, or other health professional
We offer services to people who:
- Have a diagnosed or suspected mental health problem (e.g. depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder)
- Are seeking information about mental ill-health, its treatment and prevention
- Are whānau members or are the significant other of a person with a mental health problem, as identified by that person
Age criteria for services are:
- Tamariki & Rangatahi 0-24 years
- Pakeke/Adult 25 years
- Pakeke/Adult referral form (DOCX, 59.6 KB)
- Tamariki & Rangatahi Service referral form (DOCX, 218.9 KB)
Most people will become mentally unwell within their lifetime. For some, the experience will be insignificant. For others, the impact of the experience will turn their lives upside down and may require them to seek support from mental health services.
Our organisation provides kaupapa Māori mental health services to tamariki, rangatahi (children & adolescents) and pakeke (adults).
Our service includes but is not limited to:
- Assessment (including Cultural Assessments)
- Case Management
- Support Planning and Managing Wellness
- Referrals to other services
Tamariki and Rangatahi services are based at 4 Paparoa Road
Pakeke/Adult services are based at 3 Lochhead Road
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Christmas: Open 23 Dec — 24 Dec. Closed 25 Dec — 26 Dec. Open 27 Dec. Closed 28 Dec — 29 Dec. Open 30 Dec — 31 Dec. Closed 1 Jan — 2 Jan. Open 3 Jan.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:18PM on September 25, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Pirirākau Hauora - Mental Health Services.