Raukawa Charitable Trust - Mental Health and Addiction Services
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Waka Taua Wellness Programme
- Programme Areas
Addictions - drug & alcohol, Kaupapa Māori
- Programme Type
Community / social support (AOD), Kaupapa Māori (AOD)
- Age Groups
Youth / rangatahi
- Referral Types
You can gain access to this service by:
- Self-referral by walking in and making enquiries at Raukawa Charitable Trust offices in Tokoroa, Putaruru, Matamata and Te Awamutu
- Free phone 0800 728 5292
Who might benefit from the programme:
Male youth aged up to 20 years who live in Tokoroa, Putaruru, Tīrau, Matamata, Te Awamutu, Cambridge or surrounding rural areas.
What the programme is about
- A professional health care programme with a tikanga Māori approach which delivers an extensive wellness programme and marae based wānanga to male youth who have alcohol and other drug dependencies or related problems.
- We aim to encourage and raise awareness with a dual focus on tikanga Māori values and kaupapa Māori wellness activities.
- We provide holistic health promotion and therapeutic assessment and interventions for individuals incorporating a whānau approach.
A look into the programme
- We are a mobile service, which means our whānau workers will come to visit you at your home and provide transport to wānanga.
- Our service is delivered as a 10 weekend marae based wānanga which are drug and alcohol free. Participants are encouraged to maintain the tikanga of the programme wherever they may be.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 1:01PM on January 26, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Raukawa Charitable Trust - Mental Health and Addiction Services.