Raukura Hauora O Tainui - Mental Health & Addiction Services
Mental Health & Addictions Service, Kaupapa Māori
Alcohol Other Drug Youth Service - Te Oho Ake Youth Leadership Programme
- Programme Areas
Addictions - drug & alcohol, Kaupapa Māori
- Programme Type
Community / social support (AOD), Kaupapa Māori (AOD)
- Age Groups
Child / Tamariki, Youth / Rangatahi
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services, Corrections
- We work with all people aged 18 years and under.
- Have you been expelled from school?
- Are you drinking and experimenting with drugs?
- Are you involved in crime, tagging, gangs and in trouble with the law?
- Do you want to learn your whakapapa?
Te Oho Ake - Rangatahi (Youth) Alcohol & Other Drug Community Services
Te Oho Ake comprises a team of four qualified alcohol and drug youth workers, offering one-to-one mentoring and counselling to rangatahi. Te Oho Ake also provides alcohol and drug education programmes to the community to raise the awareness of alcohol and drug use and the effects on individuals, whānau and the wider community.
If you have a child, grandchild, niece or nephew, friend or anyone you care about using or abusing alcohol or drugs, Te Oho Ake is here to help. Our Team can help by carrying out Alcohol and Other Drug assessments and also offers a 10 week programme for Family Group Conferences.
Te Oho Ake adopts a Tikanga approach, teaching the importance of Whakapapa, Pepeha, Waiata, Karakia and Mihi.
Aims to provide alcohol and drug education within a tikanga youth leadership programme. This programme will empower Rangatahi (Youth):
- to build identity and confidence
- understand whānau principles and values
- grow knowledge to increase positive development for safe and healthy lifestyle choices and behaviours.
- One-on-One mentoring
- Weekly community programmes
- Alcohol and Drug Education
- Tikanga based programmes
Not catered for: those attending school, alternative education, those in employment or training.
Call us on (09) 263 8040 or view the Te Oho Ake - Rangatahi (Youth) Alcohol & Other Drug Community Services section of our website.
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
47 Druces Rd
47 Druces Rd
PO Box 97644
South Auckland Mail Centre
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:38AM on January 26, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by Raukura Hauora O Tainui - Mental Health & Addiction Services.