Raukura Hauora O Tainui - Mental Health & Addiction Services
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Cultural Advisor Support Service
- Programme Areas
Mental health, Addictions - drug & alcohol, Kaupapa Māori
- Programme Type
Community / social support (AOD), Kaupapa Māori (AOD), Peer / advocacy / group / family whānau support, Community based support - mental health, Kaupapa Māori - mental health
- Age Groups
Youth / rangatahi, Adult / pakeke, Older adult / kaumātua
- Referral Types
Self referral, DHB clinical services
Access by referral through Raukura Hauora O Tainui Mental Health Services.
This service aims to improve the quality of care for Maori and to help improve services for Maori by:
- developing the knowledge and skills of Maori staff in the service
- encouraging new Maori staff to work in the service
- ensuring Maori involvement in policy making and strategy development for mental health services
- strengthening liaison between mental health services and local Maori groups
- helping non Maori staff to develop appropriate ways of working with Maori clients.
Kaumatua Support Service offers support to individuals and their whanau to strengthen family links.
Services provided are:
- Karakia (prayer)
- karakia watea (environment blessings)
- educate whanau about the importance of whakapapa and pepeha (tools for connecting people with each other)
- helping with tribal links
- manakitanga (service practice)
Please click on the following link to view the Kaumatua Support Service section of our website.
(09) 263 8040
(09) 263 6631
47 Druces Rd
47 Druces Rd
PO Box 97644
South Auckland Mail Centre
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:46AM on October 15, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Raukura Hauora O Tainui - Mental Health & Addiction Services.