Raukura Hauora O Tainui - Mental Health & Addiction Services
Mental Health & Addictions Service, Kaupapa Māori
Cultural Advisor Support Service
- Programme Areas
Mental health, Addictions - drug & alcohol, Kaupapa Māori
- Programme Type
Community / social support (AOD), Kaupapa Māori (AOD), Peer / advocacy / group / family whānau support, Community based support - mental health, Kaupapa Māori - mental health
- Age Groups
Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke, Older adult / Kaumātua
- Referral Types
Self referral, DHB clinical services
Access by referral through Raukura Hauora O Tainui Mental Health Services.
This service aims to improve the quality of care for Māori and to help improve services for Māori by:
- developing the knowledge and skills of Māori staff in the service
- encouraging new Māori staff to work in the service
- ensuring Māori involvement in policy making and strategy development for mental health services
- strengthening liaison between mental health services and local Māori groups
- helping non Māori staff to develop appropriate ways of working with Māori clients.
Kaumātua Support Service offers support to individuals and their whānau to strengthen family links.
Services provided are:
- Karakia (prayer)
- karakia watea (environment blessings)
- educate whānau about the importance of whakapapa and pepeha (tools for connecting people with each other)
- helping with tribal links
- manakitanga (service practice)
Please click on the following link to view the Kaumātua Support Service section of our website.
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
47 Druces Rd
47 Druces Rd
PO Box 97644
South Auckland Mail Centre
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:38AM on January 26, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by Raukura Hauora O Tainui - Mental Health & Addiction Services.