Raukura Hauora O Tainui - Mental Health & Addiction Services
Mental Health & Addictions Service, Kaupapa Māori
Kaupapa Maaori Early Psychosis Prodrome Service
- Programme Areas
Mental health, Kaupapa Māori
- Programme Type
Peer / advocacy / group / family whānau support, Community based support - mental health, Kaupapa Māori - mental health
- Age Groups
Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services
- Referral may be via any source including self referral.
This service identifies young people aged 15-25 years who are considered to be at risk of developing a psychotic illness. Clinical, psychosocial and cultural interventions are provided to reduce the impact of early warning signs and to prevent the development of psychosis.
Awhi Mai Awhi Atu "At risk mental state" - PRODROME is a clinical service for youth aged 15 - 25 years who are at risk of developing a psychotic disorder.
Youth "at risk" tend to:
- have a parent or brother/ sister who has a psychotic disorder and find it difficult to cope with life.
- have experienced changes in the way they see or hear things (e.g. hear mumbling voices) or have odd thoughts (e.g. think they are being spied on or that they are receiving messages).
- some may also have experienced brief encounters of psychotic symptoms.
Our team offers support including:
- conducting clinical assessments
- providing information
- advocacy support
- teaching coping skills and life skills.
Call us on (09) 263 8040 or view the Awhi Mai Awhi Atu, "At risk mental state" Kaupapa Māori PRODROME Service section of our website.
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
47 Druces Rd
47 Druces Rd
PO Box 97644
South Auckland Mail Centre
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:38AM on January 26, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by Raukura Hauora O Tainui - Mental Health & Addiction Services.