Raukura Hauora O Tainui
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Problem Gambling Services (Te Piringa Tupono)
- Programme Areas
Addictions - other, Kaupapa Māori
- Programme Type
Community based support - gambling, Kaupapa Māori - gambling & other addictions
North Auckland, East Auckland, Central Auckland, West Auckland, South Auckland
- Age Groups
Adult, Older adult
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services, Corrections
- We work with all people aged 17 years and over
- live in the Counties Manukau area
- Referral may be via any source including self referral
Te Piringa Tupono is a FREE service for whanau whose lifestyle has been disrupted as a result of gambling. Our aim is to reduce and minimise the harm that gambling causes within our whanau, community.
What can we do for you ?
- We will start by listening and talking to you
- we can visit you in your home, or wherever you may feel most comfortable
- we will access information, support groups or courses to meet your specific needs
- with our support and guidance, you decide what changes you would like to make
- together we will work on small achievable goals
- we encourage feedback so that we can continually improve our service delivery.
The Model we use is called Te Toi O Matariki which is known as an "Awakening" model. It works on the concept that in order to realise your need for change, one must understand who they are as individuals, then as Maori, then their cultural base.
Ownership of the way we behave is realigned with the traditional Maori philosophy of wellness.
Call us on (09) 263 8040 or view the Problem Gambling Services (Te Piringa Tupono) section of our website.
(09) 263 8040
(09) 263 6631
47 Druces Rd
47 Druces Rd
PO Box 97644
South Auckland Mail Centre
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:46AM on October 15, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Raukura Hauora O Tainui.