Southern DHB Forensic Services
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Court Liaison Service
- Programme Areas
- Programme Type
Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, Southland, Waitaki
- Age Groups
Adult / pakeke
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services, Corrections
The service provides:
- Initial informal Court reports that include mental state examination and risk assessment.
- Support / guidance on relevant legislation.
- Provide recommendations to the Courts.
- Arrange formal Court reports with the Forensic Psychiatrist.
- Treatment and follow up in conjunction with Forensic Psychiatrist.
- Support and education to clients and family/whanau.
- Cultural input/consultation.
- Provide liaison, support and education for clients and staff within the Justice system.
- Liaison and referrals to other agencies, if appropriate, Eg:
- Child and Family Therapy Service
- Alcohol and Drug Service
- Psychological counselling
- Liaison with Prison Liaison Nurse for sentenced/remand inmates who require support.
- Community Forensic Mental Health Team (Southland) Brochure (PDF, 489.7 KB)
This team covers the Southland region
- Community Forensic Mental Health Team (Otago) Brochure (PDF, 462.6 KB)
This team covers Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago and Waitaki regions
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:05PM on November 13, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Southern DHB Forensic Services.