- Programme Areas
- Programme Type
Community based support - mental health
- Age Groups
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services
We invite referrals for the programme, however, candidates will likely be placed on a waiting list and contacted prior to a subsequent group for a screening appointment to ensure mutually a good fit.
The programme is aimed at those who:
- Struggle with unstable emotional reactions
- Struggle to maintain relationships
- Have symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) but may not meet diagnostic criteria
- Experience mild to moderate self-harm
- Are aged 18 years and above
- Do not meet criteria for the CDHB Mindsight programme
- Able to commit to 12 x weekly evening group sessions with minimal absence
- Willing to work on weekly reflection between sessions
- Willing to participate in programme evaluation process
Please see here for referral forms and more information.
MindWise was established in 2016 as a joint initiative pilot programme by Stepping Stone Trust and the MindSight programme of the CDHB Adult Specialist Mental Health Service to help people in the community with problems related to emotional dysregulation and self-harm, which were not severe enough to meet criteria for the MindSight programme, but who still required targeted intervention.
MindWise is a 12-week programme which uses a Mentalisation-Based Psychoeducational Group Therapy approach and provides participants with information and tools to grow the ability to understand and use the intelligence of emotions. Research data collected from participants during the pilot groups demonstrated a significant reduction in self-harm behaviour according to the self-harm index, and all of the participants reported that the material presented in the programme was useful in meeting their needs. The project was a nominee at the 2016 Canterbury Health System Quality Improvement and Innovation
- MindWise Brochure (PDF, 505.7 KB)
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.
126 Lincoln Road
126 Lincoln Road
PO Box 33 103
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:01AM on November 12, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Stepping Stone Trust.