Taranaki DHB - Alcohol and Drug Service
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Alcohol and Other Drug Support
- Programme Areas
Addictions - drug & alcohol
- Programme Type
Community / social support (AOD)
- Age Groups
Adult / pakeke, Older adult / kaumātua
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services, Corrections
You can refer yourself to the services in New Plymouth, or any of our regional clinics in Hawera, Opunake, Waitara or Stratford.
Referrals can also be made by GPs, probation officers, lawyers, courts or other health and social services.
The Alcohol and Drug Team can assist with:
- Assessments: Assist clients to identify the extent that drugs and alcohol have affected their lives
- Treatment: Assist clients to change or stop their use of alcohol or drugs
- Relapse Prevention: Assist clients to identify high risk situations and help them maintain changes they have made
- Ministry of Transport Assessment: Alcohol and Drug Services carry out assessments for the Land Transport Safety Authority in cases where people have lost their licenses under Section 65 of the Land Transport Act
- Information and Education: On the physical, psychological and social impacts of alcohol and drug abuse/misuse
- Referrals: Of Clients to a range of services they may require e.g. budgeting, social skills group, cultural groups, detox service
- Referrals to Residential Programmes: Some clients may require referral to a residential programme in order to make changes they have identified
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 1:12PM on August 31, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Taranaki DHB - Alcohol and Drug Service.