Te Kōhao Health - Mental Health & Addictions Services
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Primary Mental Health Service
- Programme Areas
Mental health, Addictions - drug & alcohol
- Programme Type
Community / social support (AOD), Coexisting problems – mental health & addictions, Community based support - mental health, Advocacy / group / family whanau support (AOD), Training - AOD, Training - mental health
- Age Groups
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services
Phone: 0800 4 TEKŌHAO (8356426) and ask for the Primary Mental Health Team
This service aims to provide qualified mental health staff within the primary care setting who can support, deliver, educate, and coordinate mental health & addiction services in primary care.
The goals of the service are:
- To ensure that people living with mild to moderate mental health & addiction issues in the community are supported, and are linked to the appropriate health services;
- To work with people with mild to moderate mental health & addiction issues, who without support might require secondary mental health services;
- Applying evidence based mental health practice;
- Up skill health professionals within primary care teams so that they work consistently in terms of the ways they screen and assess people for mental health & addiction problems and that they have knowledge of available mental health & addiction services at all levels of care, and
- Improve understanding within the PHO’s enrolled population by raising the community’s general level of understanding about mental health & addiction issues.
0800 4 TEKŌHAO (0800 4835 6426)
(07) 856 5938
951 Wairere Drive
951 Wairere Drive
PO Box 7107
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:53AM on December 11, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Te Kōhao Health - Mental Health & Addictions Services.