The Salvation Army Bridge Centre (Alcohol and Drug Support) - Whangārei
Mental Health & Addictions Service
We are part of the wider Salvation Army, therefore we have many services that support us such as budgeting advice, food banks, social work, parenting courses and emergency housing. See the Salvation Army website for more information.
Alcohol and Other Drug - Day Programmes
- Programme Areas
Addictions - drug & alcohol
- Programme Type
Peer support (AOD), Community / social support (AOD)
- Age Groups
Adult / pakeke
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP
Referrals can come via self-referral, GP or agency referral.
This service is for individuals over 18 years of age based in the Whangārei area.
We will offer a treatment pathway based on the following options:
- Making Change Group: this group explores the impact of alcohol &/or drug use and sets goals for change. Wednesdays 1.00—3.00pm (5 sessions)
- Bridge Day Programme: a more in-depth educational group to help reduce the harm experienced from alcohol &/or drug use. Monday—Thursday 9.10am to 12.15pm (8 weeks)
- Brief Intervention— up to 6 x One to One Sessions to address specific needs
COVID-19 response: during COVID-19 Levels 3 & 4 all support to help manage drug and alcohol use is being offered by phone and text. Please phone the Bridge as usual during office hours, and we will work on ways to support you by phone or text during this time.
We expect that by the time the country moves to alert Level 2 more face to face support will become available.
We provide a safe, integrated, high quality treatment service to people whose lives have been affected by the harmful use of, or dependency on alcohol or drugs. You will be supported, challenged and encouraged to make positive changes in your life so that you can find hope, direction, peace and stability.
A Drug & Alcohol Assessment will be carried out, followed by confirmation of a treatment pathway selected from the following options:
- Up to six one-to-one individual sessions
- Making Changes Group - 5 x two hour sessions over consecutive Wednesday afternoons
- Referral to Drive Soba programme
- Referral to a Choice one day workshop to address methamphetamine misuse in Whangārei
- An eight week Alcohol & Drug Day Programme, running Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings (except Public Holidays)
Staff are health and allied health professionals experienced in the field of AOD.
No fees apply.
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
Recovery Church is held at 5 Aubrey Street, Whangārei every Friday 6pm.
Phone (09) 438 8335 for more information.
Limited parking is available on the street. Forum North offers parking for a fee and is a 3 minute walk from the Bridge
(09) 430 7500
021 353 178
0800 53 00 00
6 Alexander Street
6 Alexander Street
PO Box 1746
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:16PM on September 27, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by The Salvation Army Bridge Centre (Alcohol and Drug Support) - Whangarei.