Tū Ora Compass Health - Primary Solutions Wellington & To Be Heard Wairarapa
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Compass Health are leaders in primary health care throughout Wellington, Porirua, Kapiti and Wairarapa.
See below for the Compass Health Primary Solutions and To Be Heard Services or visit the Tū Ora Compass Health website for more information on all Practices and Health Services. Please visit the Piki website to learn more about this exciting service for 18-25 year olds.
Primary Solutions Wellington & To Be Heard Wairarapa
- Programme Areas
- Programme Type
Community based support - mental health
- Age Groups
Youth / rangatahi, Adult / pakeke, Older adult / kaumātua
- Referral Types
If you live in Wellington or Wairarapa and your GP is a member of the Compass Health Primary Health Organisation (click here to check your practice), you may be eligible for their free Primary Solutions service.
This is for:
- people aged between 12 and 25 in Wellington, Porirua and Kāpiti,
- people aged between 10 and 24 in the Wairarapa,
- current Community Services Card holders, and
- Māori or Pacific people aged 12 and over.
Compass Health Primary Solutions Wellington and To Be Heard Wairarapa includes mental health assessment and brief counselling.
Services offered may also include:
- Face-to-face needs assessment and discussion that explores the different areas in your life where you might be struggling as well as focussing on your strengths, preferences and resources, occasionally this may be via telephone
- Assessments will be held either in your primary practice or the Compass Health counselling rooms which are based in Wellington, Porirua, Kapiti and the Wairarapa
- Information and links about support services available in your community and how to access these services, including making referrals to other agencies
- Actively monitoring your progress should you undertake a self-management or e-therapy programme to work through your difficulties
- Brief intervention, therapy to help you manage issues that are affecting you
- Working with you to plan a flexible package of care to meet your individual needs
Talk to your GP to find out more.
Additional support is also available for young people, aged 18-25, through Piki.
Once referred by a GP, this is a funded service.
For referral or eligibility queries, call (04) 801 7808 and ask for the duty Mental Health Practitioner.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:38AM on June 4, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Tū Ora Compass Health - Primary Solutions Wellington & To Be Heard Wairarapa.