Mental Health & Addictions Service
Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) Brief Intervention
- Programme Areas
Addictions - drug & alcohol
- Programme Type
Community / social support (AOD)
All of New Zealand
- Age Groups
Adult / pakeke
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP
How do I make an appointment?
All you need to do is:
- Call our free phone 0800 333 200
- If you need to leave a message, supply your name, contact phone number and the name of your authorising organisation, and Workplace Support will phone you back to arrange an appointment time
- You are welcome to bring a support person along with you to your AOD BI counselling session
- AOD Brief Intervention Counselling (PDF, 962.8 KB)
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.
For companies implementing drug and alcohol policies and regular testing, our package is an ideal way to provide brief intervention for employees. The counselling is based on a motivational interviewing approach, and is suitable for those staff who are misusing substances and want to minimise the harm to themselves and their workplace.
A confidential process designed to assist the individual to:
- understand the effects of alcohol or drug use on self and others
- become motivated to make healthy changes and achieve goals
- reduce the use of alcohol/drugs to comply with company policy
- develop a change plan and learn new habits to implement it
- establish strong support systems to maintain well-being and work productivity
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:55PM on June 1, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Workplace Support.