What to do in a mental health crisis?
What to do in an emergency
If you are seriously concerned about someone's immediate safety:
- call 111 or take them to the accident and emergency department (A&E) at your nearest hospital
- phone your nearest hospital, or your district health board's psychiatric emergency service or mental health crisis assessment team
- remain with them and help them to stay safe until support arrives.
- Need to talk? 1737 - free call or text
- The Depression Helpline: 0800 111 757
- Healthline: 0800 611 116
- Lifeline: 0800 543 354
- Samaritans: 0800 726 666
- Youthline: 0800 376 633
- Alcohol Drug Helpline: 0800 787 797