Middlemore Hospital has a variety of volunteer roles and over the next months will be expanding numbers to an army of volunteers assisting all over the hospital.
No medical training or experience is needed and training will be given. And if you are a medical professional not now practicing, we’d love to hear from you.
The types of roles our volunteers do are:
- direct visitors to wards and answer general questions
- make tea for patients in the discharge lounge as they await a lift home
- collect patient feedback on their stay and what could be improved
- read a book or play cards with a patient who doesn’t have visitors
- help feed a patient, or help them walk after an operation
- garden; CM Health would like to establish a volunteer gardening crew to maintain our gardens and develop some new ones.
For more information on Volunteers at Counties Manukau Health visit our Volunteers Page
(09) 276 0000 (All Departments)
Patient Enquiries (09) 276 5004
Information or Visiting Hours (09) 270 4799
Outpatient appointments & surgical booking enquiries:
Ph (09) 277 1660 | Fax (09) 277 1600
Emergency Department: Open 24 hours / 7 days, Phone (09) 276 0000
Private Bag 93311