National Hauora Coalition
Standing together and working together for the wellbeing of families at risk
The National Hauora Coalition (NHC) was born when a group of passionate and forward-looking Māori service providers decided to pursue a collective vision focused on the health and wellbeing of their communities. They believed they could achieve more by standing together and working together than by acting alone.
With roots that extend deeply into their communities, this evolving collective developed links across the nation. Their view of health and wellbeing as an inherent human right attracted other service providers working with whānau and with families at risk.
Today over 30 service providers stand together and work together under the NHC umbrella. Our diverse collective encompasses the dreams and aspirations of whānau and of families at risk, and actively promotes their right to an abundant life.
As a coalition, we accept our responsibility as mana whenua and as tangata whenua to act as tuakana, supporting those who are under our guardianship and guidance. We’re about working in transformational ways that enable whānau and families at risk to decide their own future and be responsible for their own health and wellbeing. We harness and adapt technological innovations to streamline and strengthen service delivery. We gather relevant, reliable and timely data to track performance and inform service improvements and developments. Most especially, we focus on outcomes that matter to whānau, hapū, iwi, and families at risk and their communities, so that by standing together and working together our high performing collective can impact transformational change across a broad spectrum: individual, whānau family, hapū, iwi, community, and the nation.
As a coalition of many service providers, we understand and acknowledge that the decisions we make today will impact on the lives of many, including the generations to come. We therefore base our decisions on long standing values and tikanga that have held our people and other communities together for generations. By honouring this legacy we will continue to strengthen whānau families to become leaders - for themselves, for their families, for their communities, and for our nation, and we invite you to do the same. Nau mai haere mai. Welcome.
Ko te whakaaro matua
Ko te puna oranga
The spring of wellness for all people
For more information please visit our website www.nhc.maori.nz
Click on a service below for all contact details
- 109 Doctors More Info
- AWHI Healthy Homes Initiative More Info
- Castlecliff Health More Info
- Doctors @ 42 More Info
- Doctors on Luckens More Info
- Dominion Road Surgery More Info
- Dr David Wong More Info
- DW Family Doctors More Info
- Eastcare Medical More Info
- Epsom Medical Care More Info
- Health Star Medical Centre More Info
- Hobsonville Point Medical Centre More Info
- Jabulani Medical Centre More Info
- Kelston Medical Centre More Info
- MaxCare Medical Centre More Info
- McLaren Park Medical Centre More Info
- Onehunga Medical Practice More Info
- Orakei Health Services - General Practice More Info
- Otahuhu Health Centre More Info
- Otara Whanau Medical Centre More Info
- Papakura Marae Health Clinic More Info
- St Lukes Medical Centre More Info
- Tamaki Family Health Centre More Info
- Te Manu Aute Whare Oranga More Info
- The Doctors Golf Road More Info
- The Doctors New Lynn More Info
- The Doctors QuayMed More Info
- The Family Clinic Taumarunui Kokiri More Info
- Three Kings Accident & Medical More Info
- Tiakina Te Ora More Info
- Westview Medical Centre More Info
- Whanau Ora Community Clinic More Info
- Wiri Family Doctors More Info
(09) 950 3325
(09) 950 3326
485B Rosebank Road
485B Rosebank Road
PO Box 104221
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 1:11PM on October 10, 2018.