Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairawhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > National Patient Support Groups >
Cystic Fibrosis New Zealand
National Patient Support Group Service
The aims of Cystic Fibrosis New Zealand (CFNZ) are to ensure improved life expectancy and a better quality of life for people with cystic fibrosis (CF) and their families; and through research to achieve better control and management of the condition.
The activities of CFNZ include:
- providing an information service about CF
- publishing booklets, brochures and other printed material about CF
- communication and education through newsletters, conferences and a website
- promoting public awareness of CF
- providing educational assistance for people with CF, and opportunities for their families and health professionals to learn about management of, and therapies for, CF
- providing an effective lobby to government and social service agencies on behalf of the CF community
- providing practical support for people with CF and their families via CFNZ fieldworkers, the funding of medical equipment, assistance with physical activity, transplant grants, scholarships and awards
- funding of CF research
- raising funds to ensure that a full range of services can be developed and maintained.
Respiratory, Child & Family, Child & Youth
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
2/79 Grafton Road
2/79 Grafton Road
PO Box 110067
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:21PM on November 28, 2018.