Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairawhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > National Patient Support Groups >
Glaucoma New Zealand
National Patient Support Group Service
Glaucoma New Zealand is a non-government funded charitable trust established in 2002 with a mission to eliminate blindness from glaucoma. We do this through nationwide awareness and education initiatives as well as supporting New Zealand based research.
Glaucoma NZ’s activities include:
- Annual public awareness campaign to aid early detection of glaucoma
- Regular public meetings to educate people with glaucoma and those with an interest in glaucoma, to help them understand more about the disease and treatments
- A glaucoma membership information package (membership is free)
- “Eyelights” publication – a regular newsletter sent free to our members
- Supporting and informing people with glaucoma
- Participating in education of health professionals involved in glaucoma care
- Supporting research into glaucoma.
Ophthalmology, Older Persons
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:42AM on July 4, 2018.