Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairawhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > National Patient Support Groups >
New Zealand Down Syndrome Association
National Patient Support Group Service
The NZ Down Syndrome Association is a family/whānau driven organization.
People with Down syndrome are valued and equal members of their community, fulfilling their goals.
To work alongside families, whānau and carers to support and empower people with Down syndrome to realise their potential and aspirations through all life stages and within all communities.
Accept, understand, connect.
• To inform and support families/whanau
• To promote and advocate for positive attitudes
• To promote the rights and inclusion of people with Down syndrome
• To review policies and lobby government, and other agencies
The NZDSA offers:
• new parent support - through trained support parents
• national coordinator
• regional groups - activities throughout thirteen centres in New Zealand including coffee mornings, family events, guest speakers and individual support and advocacy
• newsletter - a quarterly update of news, information and stories, sent to all members
• information packs - for schools, professionals, family and friends
• website www.nzdsa.org.nz
• freephone number 0800 NZDSAI - so parents and professionals can easily be linked to support parents or a central information number
Advocacy, Information & Resources, Education Programmes
0800 693 724 or 0800 NZD SAI
Phone: 0800 693 724 and press 3 for your closest group. To connect to your regional group you must dial the 0800 number from a landline.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:48AM on February 19, 2019.