- The Breast Cancer Foundation New Zealand is the country’s foremost breast cancer education and awareness organization. It is a non-government funded charitable trust promoting awareness of breast cancer, providing information and education to the public and health professionals, and raising funds to support breast cancer-related initiatives. These include:
- funding breast cancer research, medical equipment, medical grants and scholarships, and a breast cancer patient register and tissue bank.
- community education is provided by our national breast health educator and our Pink Caravan tours the country with breast care nurses offering free breast health advice.
- support programmes include free counselling for anyone who has been diagnosed with breast cancer, physio rehabilitation following treatment, and the establishment of a clinical trials database.
- MyBc is our support App. which provides an online community for all New Zealanders affected by breast cancer. Visit: www.mybc.care
The Foundation was specifically established to educate all New Zealanders on the life-saving benefits of early detection and the importance of mammograms.
Our symbol is the ‘pink ribbon’, the international symbol of breast cancer and trademarked to the Foundation in New Zealand. October is International Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the Foundation’s major fundraising event. The month is supported by an extensive multi-media campaign, education programme, the sale of pink ribbons through retailers nationwide, and the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal. Our other major fundraising initiative is the Pink Ribbon Breakfast campaign in May.
Wellness / healthy lifestyle
- Clinical trials
Exercise and relaxation
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
How to access this service
Please call us on 0800 902 732 for any information you need, or visit our website: http://www.breastcancerfoundation.org.nz
Phone our confidential adviceline on 0800 BC NURSE (0800 2268773) to speak with our specialist breast nurse.
Evangelia Henderson - Chief Executive
Adele Gautier - Communications Manager and Research Analyst
Kathryn Terry - Breast Cancer Specialist Nurse
Kylie Tietjens - Nurse Educator
Melissa Warren - Breast Nurse Speciaist - Educator
Debra Leutenegger - National Educator
Kim Barker - Digital Marketing Manager
Ellice Ball - Fundraising Coordinator
Mollie Erskine - Health Education Writer
Nicky Sinclair- Perkins - Fundraising Campaigns Manager
Erika Rozecka-Lewis - PR Street Appeal Coordinator
Parminder Morgan - Donor Development Manager
Amylouise Miller - Corporate Fundraising Manager
Glenda Kane - Communications and PR Manager
Karen Ung - Database Manager
Natalie Livermore - Admin/Accounts Manager
Dianne Swann - Project Coordinator - Pink Caravan
Irene Lee - Graphic Designer
Rosa Noronha - Donations Administrator
Send us an email:
If you have a specific question or enquiry please feel free to email us at the following addresses:
For all breast health queries email email@example.com
For all marketing queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
For all NZBCF Grants Programme queries email email@example.com
For all media enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Breast Care Nurse: 0800 BCNURSE (0800 226 8773) or email@example.com
11 York Street
11 York Street
PO Box 99650
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:36PM on August 7, 2018. This information is reviewed and edited by Breast Cancer Foundation NZ.