Mercy Breast Clinic - Breast Care
Mercy Breast Clinic is a state-of-the-art boutique clinic with a specialist team and a warm welcoming atmosphere.
We monitor breast health and offer the services of a specialist breast nurse. Each mammogram is reviewed by one of our specialist breast radiologists on site immediately following the mammogram and discussed with you individually. If necessary, our specialist team will offer further options which may include:
- cyst aspiration
- referral to a specialist breast surgeon
Following your mammogram, each image is reviewed by at least one other specialist breast radiologist.
- Breast Care Nurse - Jane Sieprath and Julianne Brewer are experienced breast care nurses who are on site to support patients and their families through diagnosis and treatment if needed.
- Medical Radiation Technologists (MRTs) or Radiographers perform your mammography examinations and liaise with the radiologist on your behalf.
- Radiologists are specialist doctors who read and understand your mammography imaging and do ultrasound on site. They interpret the results of the images, talk to you about them and send a report to your doctor.
- Specialist Breast Surgeons consult in the clinic and patients are referred to them from the radiologist or their family doctor.
- An Oncoplastic Surgeon also consults at the clinic who can perform breast reconstruction and breast augmentation surgery. Appointments are arranged through reception.
Oncoplastic Breast, General & Vein Surgeon
Breast Endocrine & General Surgeon
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Referral from your GP is ideal for your mammogram but a referral is required for your breast ultrasound. Appointments must be made for all mammography, ultrasound and consultations with specialists.
If you feel you have a problem that needs to be seen urgently we will endeavour to see you as soon as possible. Phone and talk to our receptionists who will refer you to the breast care nurse or radiologist if necessary.
For your first appointment:
- please arrange for previous images to be available to us or if required we can assist with this
- wear comfortable 2 piece clothing
- avoid wearing deodorant or talcum powder for your breast ultrasound appointment
- if you require a biopsy, arrange prior approval from your insurance company
- bring a support person if you are worried
For breast augmentation surgery please phone reception to book an appointment.
Procedures / Treatments
Mammography is the best test there is for evaluating breast problems.… More
In ultrasound, a beam of sound at a very high frequency (that cannot be heard) is sent into the body from a small vibrating crystal in a hand-held scanner head.… More
A small incision (cut) is made as close as possible to the lump and the lump, together with a surrounding margin of tissue, is removed for examination.… More
Simple or Total
All breast tissue, skin and the nipple are surgically removed but the muscles lying under the breast and the lymph nodes are left in place.… More
Sentinel Node Biopsy
When a breast has been removed (mastectomy) because of cancer or other disease, it is possible in most cases to reconstruct a breast similar to a natural breast.… More
Referral from your GP is ideal. Appointments must be made for all mammography, ultrasound and consultation with specialists.
Please contact us on 09 623 0347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing details.
Mercy Breast Clinic is a Southern Cross Affiliated provider for a range of services. Please contact us for further details.
The Auckland Transport website is a good resource to plan your public transport options.
Free off street patient parking is provided
Use our online contact form
15 Gilgit Road
15 Gilgit Road
PO Box 9056
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 2:30PM on November 4, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Mercy Breast Clinic - Breast Care.