What is Allumera®?
Allumera® is a light-activated topical cream designed to improve the overall appearance of skin by acting as a photodynamic cosmetic agent.
What cosmetic concerns can Allumera® assist with?
- Minimize the appearance of pores
- Revitalize the skin for a younger looking, clearer complexion
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and crow's feet
- Improve skin firmness, creating a more supple appearance
- Improve overall texture
Ideal candidates for Allumera®
Patients who are looking to improve the overall appearance of their skin with minimal downtime. You must be committed to following strict sun protection to avoid the incidence of unwanted adverse events.
How long does the treatment take?
Allumera® treatment takes around 90 minutes. Allumera® light activated products is applied to the skin and is absorbed over a 60-minute period, and is then cleansed off the skin. Following this, the treatment area is exposed to a visible light source for activation.
How many treatments of Allumera® will I need?
A series of three procedures spaced four weeks apart is recommended.
What can I expect following the Allumera® treatment?
Allumera® treatment experiences vary between clients:
- Mild to moderate skin redness similar to sunburn which will dissipate within 2-3 days.
- Skin discomfort, prickling, stinging and/or burning sensations
- Mild swelling
- Mild short-term skin dryness and dehydration