Zaven Panossian - Specialist Physician, Diabetologist and Endocrinologist
- Diabetes – including diabetes in pregnancy and diabetes treated with insulin pumps.
- The Metabolic Syndrome – including hypertension, dyslipidaemia and obesity.
- Thyroid disorders – including Graves’ disease, various types of thyroiditis and autonomous and toxic thyroid nodules including thyroid cancer.
- Parathyroid disorders, osteoporosis and Paget's disease of the bone.
- Pituitary disorders – including hyperprolactinaemia, pituitary adenomas and hypopituitarism.
- Adrenal disorders - including hyperaldosteronism, Cushing’s syndrome and Addison’s disease.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Male hypogonadism.
- osteoporosis & Paget’s Disease
- thyroid diseases
- sex hormone imbalances
- disorders of growth and development
- disorders of the pituitary gland.
Specialist Physician, Diabetologist and Endocrinologist
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
You will be referred by your General Practitioner (GP) to an endocrinologist if you have a problem with any part of your endocrine system (the system that makes hormones). You may be asked to undergo some tests or fill in a questionnaire before seeing the specialist to help with the diagnosis.
You may have ongoing follow-up with the specialist or have your treatment carried out by your GP with advice from the specialist.
Urgent appointments are available within 1 - 2 weeks.
Procedures / Treatments
Diabetes (diabetes mellitus)
Diabetes is a disease that affects the way your body deals with sugar. The amount of sugar in the blood is controlled by insulin which is a hormone produced by the pancreas (an organ that lies near your stomach).… More
Osteoporosis is a disease that weakens your bones. Osteoporosis is not painful but it makes your bones more prone to breaking (fracture). Women are more likely than men to suffer from osteoporosis and as you get older you are more likely to have it.… More
The thyroid is a gland that sits in the front, and towards the bottom of, your neck. It is responsible for producing a hormone called thyroxin. Thyroxin has an important role in the body as it affects many organs including the heart, muscles and bones. Diseases that affect the thyroid… More
The pituitary gland is in your brain. It controls most of the endocrine (hormone) system in your body. When disorders occur in this gland a variety of problems can appear. If your doctor thinks you have problems in this area (usually discovered with a series of blood tests) they will… More
The Auckland Transport Journey Planner will help you to plan your journey.
Parking is provided at Mercy Specialist Centre. Please use entrance B.
(09) 623 1170
(09) 623 1172
Phone to book an appointment 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
100 Mountain Road
100 Mountain Road
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:52AM on April 29, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Zaven Panossian - Specialist Physician, Diabetologist and Endocrinologist.