Southern Cross Wellington Hospital - Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery
Private Surgical Service, ENT/ Head & Neck Surgery
At Southern Cross Hospital in Wellington we want you to feel well cared for and that you leave our hospital satisfied with the care you have received. A hospital visit can be an anxious time and we will do all we can to make your experience a comfortable and positive one. A very capable team will take care of you.
Investing in quality
At our Wellington hospital, our promise is a quality-driven service. We deliver quality care, not only to Southern Cross members, but also to patients with other private medical insurers.
Increasingly, we are providing services to those who pay for surgery themselves, and to patients funded by ACC and through other specific public funding arrangements.
Whilst in our Wellington hospital, patients can expect:
- a professional, caring nursing team, whose focus is on the patients’ wellbeing and comfort
- comfortable private rooms for overnight stay, with a large ensuite, television and radio facilities
- nourishing, quality meals for overnight patients (with attention to your special dietary needs on request)
- a modern, well-equipped day-stay facility for those not requiring overnight stay
- support from our team to ensure that from admission to discharge, the administrative procedures run as smoothly as possible
- delivery of complimentary newspapers on request
- flexible visiting hours and visiting arrangements to ensure a restful environment for all of our patients
- free parking facilities.
As demand for new services grows within the Wellington region, we continue to invest in our facilities to ensure that we respond to the needs of specialists and patients in the greater Wellington region and beyond.
Procedures / Treatments
Your adenoids may be removed as part of a tonsillectomy.… More
A tiny camera attached to a long tube is inserted through your nose or mouth and passed down through the airways into your lungs.… More
An incision (cut) is made behind your ear and the skin pulled back exposing the mastoid bone.… More
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
A tiny camera attached to a tube (endoscope) is inserted into your nose.… More
This operation is performed through the ear canal. A hole is made in the eardrum and the middle ear drained.… More
A tiny camera attached to a long tube is inserted into your mouth and passed down through your pharynx into your oesophagus.… More
Nasal polyps are removed by inserting small instruments through your nostrils which can grasp and cut out the polyps. More
Small cuts (incisions) are made either on the inside or outside (in the creases) of the nose.… More
Tonsils are removed in an operation performed through your mouth.… More
This operation repositions the nasal septum and is performed entirely within your nose so that there are no external cuts made on your face. More
- Weekdays: 8.00am to 8.00pm
- Weekends: 8.00am to 8.00pm
Free patient parking is provided.
04 910 2160
90 Hanson Street
90 Hanson Street
PO Box 7233
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:55AM on December 23, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Southern Cross Wellington Hospital - Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery.