Dr Jeremy Steinberg - Musculoskeletal Specialist Service
Private Service, Musculoskeletal
Nerve Injections (Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
A variety of substances are injected around certain nerves in order to improve pain coming from irritation of the target nerve or to aid in the diagnosis of certain chronic pain problems.
The following nerve injections are available
- injections under the flexor retinaculum at the wrist for carpal tunnel syndrome
- injections around the suprascapular nerve for varieties of shoulder and periscapular pain
- occipital nerve blocks for occipitalgia and headaches
- ilio-inguinal and genitofemoral nerve blocks
- intercostal nerve blocks
- lateral femoral cutaneous nerve blocks
- diagnostic cervical and lumbar medial branch blocks for the diagnosis of chronic pain in those regions.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:54PM on June 13, 2022.