Clayton Brown - Shoulder, Elbow, Hand & Wrist Surgeon
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Since 1997, I have held a public hospital appointment at Auckland City Hospital, and commenced private practice in that same year.
I am a founding partner in a group private practice setting at Domain Orthopaedic alongside three other subspecialist orthopaedic surgeons covering hip, knee, foot and ankle and tumour surgery. All have public hospital appointments at Auckland City Hospital.
My area of orthopaedic practice is confined to the upper extremity, including hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder surgery.
I have a well-established practice and have extensive experience in all aspects of upper limb surgery including:
- All common and complex problems
- Trigger fingers
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- De Quervain’s tendonitis
- Arthritis of the hand/wrist/thumb CMC joint
- Wrist ligament and TFCC injuries
- Joint replacement of the fingers and wrist
- Extensive experience in wrist arthroscopy and scaphoid surgery
- Extensive experience with lateral and medial ligament injuries
- Elbow dislocation
- Ulnar nerve surgery
- Elbow contracture surgery
- Degenerative/arthritic conditions of the elbow
- Elbow joint replacement
- Arthroscopic and open instability surgery for recurrent dislocations
- Rotator cuff repairs (arthroscopic-assisted and mini-open)
- Arthroscopic SLAP repair/biceps surgery
- Standard/reverse shoulder replacement surgery
- Arthroscopic treatment of frozen shoulder.
To learn more about some of these conditions and procedures click here and follow the appropriate links.
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
I hold my clinics at:
- 20 Titoki Street (Parnell)
- Three Kings A&M (Three Kings/Mt Roskill) Friday fortnightly, alternating with Westgate
- Westgate Medical Centre (Massey) Friday fortnightly, alternating with Three Kings Some emergency appointments also available at Parnell.
You will need to bring with you or arrange to have these sent prior to your appointment:
- Any letters or reports from your doctor or hospital.
- Your referral (GP, physio or osteopath) should include any X-rays, CT or MRI reports with a list of the medicines you are taking including herbal and natural remedies.
- Your ACC number & date of injury, if you are an ACC client.
- If you are a private patient with Southern Cross membership, please bring your member details with you.
Procedures / Treatments
For elderly patients joint replacement surgery is commonly required to treat damaged joints from wearing out, arthritis or other forms of joint disease including rheumatoid arthritis.… More
The division of a crooked or bent bone to improve alignment of the limb.… More
Arthroscopy (keyhole surgery)
Over the last 30 years a large number of orthopaedic procedures on joints have been performed using an arthroscope, where a fibre optic telescope is used to look inside the joint.… More
Soft Tissue (muscles, tendons and ligaments)
In many cases tendons will be lengthened to improve the muscle balance around a joint or tendons will be transferred to give overall better joint function.… More
Carpal Tunnel Release
Surgery to relieve carpal tunnel syndrome involves making an incision (cut) from the middle of the palm of your hand to your wrist.… More
This condition occurs when there is abnormal thickening of the deep tissue between the palm of your hand and your fingers.… More
Arthritis of the Hand/Wrist/Thumb CMC Joint
Arthritis is a condition in which a joint and the surrounding tissue become swollen and painful.… More
Damage to tendons, nerves, joints and bones in the hand may require surgical repair.… More
Rotator Cuff Repair
Several small incisions (cuts) are made in the shoulder through which is inserted a small telescopic instrument with a tiny camera attached (arthroscope).… More
This surgery involves making several small incisions (cuts) on the shoulder through which is inserted a small telescopic instrument with a tiny camera attached (arthroscope).… More
Clayton Brown is a Southern Cross Affiliated Provider for Carpal Tunnel release surgery and for all consultations. Please contact us for more details on submitting your claim.
The Auckland Transport Journey Planner will help you to plan your journey.
Parnell: there is free dedicated off street underground parking in the Birthcare Building carpark, allocated for my patients coming to see me at Domain Orthopaedics, Parnell.
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:49AM on July 9, 2018. This information is reviewed and edited by Clayton Brown - Shoulder, Elbow, Hand & Wrist Surgeon.