Dr Theresa Bidwell - Paediatric Orthopaedic & Hand Surgeon
Children's Hand and Upper Limb
- Congenital hand conditions
- Trigger thumb
- Cerebral palsy
- Infant brachial plexus injury
- Other hand and upper limb conditions
- Hip dysplasia
- Leg alignment and walking
- Pain problems
- General paediatric orthopaedics
Fractures and Family Orthopaedics
- Post traumatic deformity
- Sports injuries
- Rehabilitation and return to sport
- Adult hand and wrist
Hand & Orthopaedic Surgeon
Please contact reception Monday to Friday during office hours to book an appointment.
You need to bring with you to your appointment:
- Any letters or reports from your doctor or hospital.
- Any X-Rays, CT or MRI films and reports.
- All medicines you are taking including herbal and natural remedies.
- Your pharmaceutical entitlement card.
- Your ACC number, if you have one.
Procedures / Treatments
Problems with the appearance or function of the hand can be the result of injury, birth defects or degenerative conditions.… More
The division of a crooked or bent bone to improve alignment of the limb.… More
Arthroscopy (keyhole surgery)
Over the last 30 years a large number of orthopaedic procedures on joints have been performed using an arthroscope, where a fiber optic telescope is used to look inside the joint.… More
Soft Tissue (muscles, tendons and ligaments)
In many cases tendons will be lengthened to improve the muscle balance around a joint or tendons will be transferred to give overall better joint function.… More
Dr Bidwell is a Southern Cross Affiliated Provider for consultations.
The Auckland Transport website is a good resource to plan your public transport options.
There is ample off street parking available at the clinic.
There is a pharmacy located on the ground floor at Quay Park Medical Centre.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:18PM on April 18, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Dr Theresa Bidwell - Paediatric Orthopaedic & Hand Surgeon.