Hugh Blackley - Orthopaedic Arthritis & Joint Reconstructive Surgeon
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
- Complex / Difficult Joint Replacement
- Complex Revision Joint Replacement
- Computer Navigation Surgery
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Hip Resurfacing Surgery
- Hip and Knee Surgery
- Hip and Knee Joint Replacement
- Infected Joint Replacements
- Joint Replacement in Young Patient
- Lower Limb Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Hip, Knee Joint Replacement
- Revision Joint Replacement including Major Bone Allograft Surgery
- Surgical Opinions and Evaluations
- Surgical Treatment of Arthritis
- Treatment of Sports Injuries to the Hip, Knee, Foot and Ankle.
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
You are welcome to bring a friend or family member to your consultation if you wish.
During the first part of the consultation I will ask about your symptoms and how they affect your life. I will take a detailed history of your condition, conduct a physical examination and review any test results, x-rays or medical reports.
I will explain your condition and discuss your health outcome goals. I will then present some treatment options and help you decide on the best course of action. When we have agreed on a treatment approach I will provide an outline of what to expect along the way.
You will be given printed information for later reference and I encourage you to ask questions and take notes if you wish.
Please bring to your appointment:
- Any letters or reports from your doctor or hospital
- Any X-Rays, CT or MRI films and reports
- All medicines you are currently taking including herbal and natural remedies
- Your ACC number if appropriate.
Procedures / Treatments
Otherwise known as degenerative arthritis, osteoarthritis occurs when there is a breakdown of the cartilage, leaving the bones unprotected. It is very common and usually affects people as they get older.… More
Joint Replacement - Hip & Knee
For elderly patients joint replacement surgery is commonly required to replace joints that have been worn out by arthritis.… More
Arthroscopy (keyhole surgery) - Knee & Ankle
Often orthopaedic procedures on joints can be performed using arthroscopy, where a fibre optic telescope (arthroscope) is used to look inside the joint.… More
Soft Tissue Surgery (muscles, tendons and ligaments)
Tendons can be lengthened to improve the muscle balance around a joint or they can be transferred to give overall better joint function.… More
Orthopaedic deformities can be congenital or acquired as the result of injury, infection or tumour.… More
Hugh Blackey is a Southern Cross Affiliated Provider for :
- Joint injection
- Hemi-knee replacement
- Primary total hip joint replacement - unilateral
- Primary total knee joint replacement - unilateral
(09) 522 2980
(09) 522 2380
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 1:22PM on November 7, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Hugh Blackley - Orthopaedic Arthritis & Joint Reconstructive Surgeon.