Dr Marcus Bisson - Wellington Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
Marcus Bisson is a registered plastic and reconstructive surgeon with subspecialty interests in hand and breast surgery. He consults at Bowen Specialist Centre at Bowen Hospital in Wellington and alternate months at the Waikanae Specialist Centre, Kapiti Coast. Most local anaesthetic procedures can be performed at the specialist centres while general anaesthetic procedures or more complex local anaesthetic procedures are performed in the main Bowen Hospital operating theatres.
Marcus believes that good patient care and communication are paramount and will carefully assess and counsel each patient to provide the optimum outcome.
At Bisson Plastic Surgery we undertake a wide range of cosmetic plastic and reconstructive surgery, general skin surgery and hand surgery procedures including:
- Breast Surgery: breast enlargement, breast reduction, breast lift, male breast reduction
- Body Contouring Surgery: tummy tucks, liposuction, liposculpture
- Eyelid and Ear Surgery: upper and lower eyelids, prominent ears, ear lobes
- Breast Reconstruction
- Skin Related Procedures: moles, lipomas, cysts and skin cancer excision/reconstruction
- Hand Surgery: carpal tunnel release, trigger finger, Dupuytren’s disease, post injury reconstructive hand surgery, tendon surgery - De Quervains disease, nerve surgery and ganglion surgery (wrist and finger ganglions).
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon: Dr Marcus Bisson
Practice Manager: Cathi Davey
Practice Nurse: Sophie de Jong
Click here to read more about our team.
- Reconstructive surgery: is performed on parts of the body that are abnormal or have been affected by a birth defect, accident or disease. This includes cleft lip and palate repair, scar revision or reconstruction (including skin grafts) following burns. Surgery is usually performed to improve function, but may also be performed to bring the appearance of a part of the body as close as possible to normal.
- Aesthetic or cosmetic surgery: improves appearance or body image by reshaping features of the face or body e.g. breast enlargement, face lift, liposuction.
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:30 PM|
Marcus works predominantly at the Bowen Centre, and also consults and performs basic local anaesthetic procedures at the Waikanae Specialist Centre once a month.
Procedures / Treatments
Also known as port wine stains or strawberry haemangiomas, these are non-cancerous, vascular skin lesions.… More
A naevus is a common skin growth composed of special pigment-producing cells.… More
When a breast has been removed (mastectomy) because of cancer or other disease, it is possible in most cases to reconstruct a breast similar to a natural breast.… More
Problems with the appearance or function of the hand can be the result of injury, birth defects or degenerative conditions.… More
Scar appearance can be improved by various methods including a surgical procedure known as scar revision.… More
Skin lesions can be divided into two groups: benign (non-cancerous): e.g.… More
If the scar to be revised or skin lesion being removed is particularly large, a skin graft may be performed.… More
Surgery to increase breast size involves inserting silicone sacks (implants) filled with silicone gel or salt water (saline) under the chest muscle and skin.… More
This is an operation that can lift and reshape sagging breasts.… More
Surgery to reduce breast size involves making a cut (incision) around the areola (the dark area around the nipple) straight downwards and along the crease beneath the breast.… More
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
This procedure involves removing excess skin and fat from the stomach and tightening the muscles of the stomach wall.… More
This procedure removes unwanted pockets of fat from under your skin in specific parts of the body such as the chin, neck, upper arms, stomach, hips and thighs.… More
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Excess skin and/or fat can be surgically removed from your upper and/or lower eyelids to give your skin a less wrinkled and puffy appearance.… More
Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
The appearance of ears that are misshaped or protruding (‘bat ears’) can be improved surgically.… More
All costs and charges will be discussed with you upon enquiry.
Marcus Bisson is an Affiliated Provider to Southern Cross Healthcare for skin lesion and skin cancer surgery.
Bowen Specialist Centre: there is ample parking with the lower level parking being immediately adjacent to the rooms allowing very easy access.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 1:32PM on November 29, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Dr Marcus Bisson - Wellington Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon.