Michael Klaassen PLASTIC SURGEON
- Skin tumours (benign & malignant)
- Skin cancer & melanoma
- Traumatic defects face, hand, limbs and trunk
- Breast Surgery, Reconstructive and Rejuvenative
- Hand Surgery
- Wounds, ulcers and difficult healing problems
- Facial and Body rejuvenation
- Otoplasty (Plus: non-surgical molding of ear deformities in the newborn)
- Gynaecomastia in the male breast
- Breast Reduction
- Reconstructive surgery: is performed on parts of the body that are abnormal or have been affected by a birth defect, accident or disease. This includes cleft lip and palate repair, scar revision or reconstruction (including skin grafts) following burns. Surgery is usually performed to improve function, but may also be performed to bring the appearance of a part of the body as close as possible to normal. It is that half of plastic surgery which aims in Sir Harold Gillies' words 'to achieve the normal.'
- Aesthetic or cosmetic surgery: improves appearance or body image by reshaping features of the face or body e.g. breast enlargement, face lift, liposuction. It is that other half of plastic surgery which aims in Sir Harold Gillies' words 'to surpass the normal'.
- A copy of the referral letter, report or radiology films is useful for our records.
- Old photographs of yourself if it is an aesthetic problem.
- Previous opinions that you may have sought.
- A list of questions that you want answered.
You will be expected to pay for your consultation and treatment on the day, unless you have prior approval from your health insurer.
You will receive a full and comprehensive copy of the records that we make in regard to your condition.You can drive home after minor surgery in most cases but we tailor this to each patient, their age, medical status and what type of minor procedure they are having.
Procedures / Treatments
Cleft Lip & Cleft Palate
A cleft lip occurs when there is a failure of normal structures to join together during formation of the lip, resulting in a gap in the lip.… More
Also known as port wine stains or strawberry haemangiomas, these are non-cancerous, vascular skin lesions.… More
A naevus is a common skin growth composed of special pigment-producing cells.… More
When a breast has been removed (mastectomy) because of cancer or other disease, it is possible in most cases to reconstruct a breast similar to a natural breast.… More
Problems with the appearance or function of the hand can be the result of injury, birth defects or degenerative conditions.… More
Scar appearance can be improved by various methods including a surgical procedure known as scar revision.… More
Skin lesions can be divided into two groups: benign (non-cancerous): e.g.… More
If the scar to be revised or skin lesion being removed is particularly large, a skin graft may be performed.… More
Surgery to increase breast size involves inserting silicone sacks (implants) filled with silicone gel or salt water (saline) under the chest muscle and skin.… More
This is an operation that can lift and reshape sagging breasts.… More
Surgery to reduce breast size involves making a cut (incision) around the areola (the dark area around the nipple) straight downwards and along the crease beneath the breast.… More
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
This procedure involves removing excess skin and fat from the stomach and tightening the muscles of the stomach wall.… More
This procedure removes unwanted pockets of fat from under your skin in specific parts of the body such as the chin, neck, upper arms, stomach, hips and thighs.… More
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Excess skin and/or fat can be surgically removed from your upper and/or lower eyelids to give your skin a less wrinkled and puffy appearance.… More
Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
Surgery can be carried out to improve the appearance of your nose e.g.… More
Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
The appearance of ears that are misshaped or protruding (‘bat ears’) can be improved surgically.… More
A surgical procedure can be performed to make your lips to appear fuller without having foreign material injected into them.… More
A face lift can include several different procedures such as a neck lift and/or a brow lift, all designed to reduce lines and wrinkles and lift sagging skin.… More
Body Contour Surgery
For more information about body contour surgery please click here More
Mr Klaassen is a Southern Cross Affiliated Provider for various services as detailed below:
- Orthopaedic Services
- Comprehensive skin examinations (including dermoscopy), Incisional biopsy, Punch biopsy, Skin cancer diagnosis and treatment, Skin cancer surgery.
(JPG, 58.4 KB)
My PA Karen Smith (pictured) will contact you by phone, email or text with instructions for your appointment.
The Auckland Transport website is a good resource to plan your public transport options.
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:41AM on October 20, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Michael Klaassen PLASTIC SURGEON.