Private Service, Radiology, Pregnancy Ultrasound
- Abdominal scanning: gall bladder, liver, pancreas, spleen, bowel, etc.
- Obstetrics ultrasound: dating scan, 12 weeks Nuchal assessment, 20 weeks anatomy assessment, 3rd trimester scan, biophysical profile for fetal wellbeing.
- Gynaecological scanning: uterine and ovarian pathology.
- Renal scanning: kidneys and bladder assessment.
- Thyroid scanning: for thyroid gland assessment.
- Scrotum scanning: for testicular assessment.
- Soft tissue scanning: for swellings anywhere on the body, or foreign body localisation.
- Musculoskeletal scanning: we are specialised in musculoskeletal ultrasound and perform examinations of the shoulders, elbows, wrists, Achilles tendons, ankles, knees, hips, etc.
- Vascular scanning: assessment of the veins and arteries (aorta, carotid Doppler, venous assessment).
- Specific regions
- diagnose disease states, such as cancer or heart disease
- show the extent of injury to body structures
- to aid in interventional procedures, such as angiography.
- Medical Radiation Technologists (MRTs) or Radiographers perform your X-ray, barium and mammography examinations.
- Sonographers are MRTs who perform your ultrasound examinations.
- Radiologists are specialist doctors who read and understand your films. They will also be involved if you have an intravenous urogram (IVU), barium study, mammogram and a number of other ultrasound procedures. They interpret the results of the images and send them to your doctor.
Click on the link for how to prepare for your scan
Click on the link for referral forms and login access for reports and images
Click here for prices
No charge for ACC, Dating and 3rd Trimester Pregnancy Scans.
Complimentary CD with images for 20 weeks anatomy scan.
EastMed Radiology is a Southern Cross Affiliated Provider for ultrasound and x-ray
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Procedures / Treatments
An X-ray is a high frequency, high energy wave form. It cannot be seen with the naked eye, but can be picked up on photographic film.… More
In ultrasound, a beam of sound at a very high frequency (that cannot be heard) is sent into the body from a small vibrating crystal in a hand-held scanner head. When the beam meets a surface between tissues of different density, echoes of the sound beam are sent back into… More
The Auckland Transport Journey Planner will help you to plan your journey.
Free patient parking is available at EastMed
(09) 585 0534
(09) 585 0533
Book online here
188 Saint Heliers Bay Road
188 Saint Heliers Bay Road
PO Box 25353
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:48AM on April 22, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by EastMed Radiology.