Private Service, Radiology
8:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
- musculoskeletal ultrasound
- general ultrasound
- vascular ultrasound
- paediatric ultrasound
(please note we do NOT provide pregnancy scans at this stage).
For further details including preparation, examination time and fees click here
We also provide a mobile ultrasound service - click here to find out more.
What is Radiology?
- diagnose disease states, such as cancer or heart disease
- show the extent of injury to body structures
- to aid in interventional procedures, such as angiography.
- Medical Radiation Technologists (MRTs) or Radiographers perform your X-ray, barium and mammography examinations.
- Sonographers are MRTs who perform your ultrasound examinations.
- Radiologists are specialist doctors who read and understand your films. They interpret the images of the scan and send the report to your Doctor or Physiotherapist.
Please click on the links for all examination preparation, private ultrasound scan prices, ACC co payments fees, evening and weekend (Saturday or Sunday) ultrasound services, Portable / Mobile service
We are a Southern Cross Affiliated Provider.
Click here for a list of our fees.
8:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
|Mon – Thu||8:00 AM – 5:30 PM|
|Fri||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Sat – Sun||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Hours vary depending on the Day and location required for the ultrasound scan, see contact details and make an enquiry.
Evening and ultrasound scans are available by prior arrangement only.
Saturday or Sunday ultrasound scans also by prior arrangement.
Mobile / portable ultrasound scans available Auckland wide and Rodney district by prior arrangement.
See co-payment charges for these services.
For ultrasound scans outside normal working hours - Phone 027 775 0044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Procedures / Treatments
In ultrasound, a beam of sound at a very high frequency (that cannot be heard) is sent into the body from a small vibrating crystal in a hand-held scanner head. When the beam meets a surface between tissues of different density, echoes of the sound beam are sent back into… More
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:39AM on July 16, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Pure Ultrasound.