Dr Barbara Richards
MB ChB 1982 Otago; Dip Obst 1985 Otago; MRCOG 1991; M 1992 F 1993 RANZCOG; FRCOG 2003
Barbara graduated from the University of Otago Medical School in 1982, completing her Dip Obst in 1985 and her specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 1993 having spent time in Glasgow Scotland where she gained her MRCOG in 1991.
She has a strong interest in reproductive medicine and for 21 years consulted for the Otago Fertility Service. She maintains her interest in fertility, recurrent pregnancy loss, high risk pregnancy and continues to provide private obstetric care.
She also provides a wide range of gynaecologic care, including colposcopy.
Barbara regularly consults in Dunedin, Queenstown and Wanaka.
- Obstetric care including high risk pregnancy
- Gynaecologic surgery including laparoscopy
Title or Designation
- Consultant Dunedin Hospital 1994 - current
- Consultant Otago Fertility Service 1994-2015
- Honorary Lecturer University of Otago
- Consultant Mercy Hospital 1994 - current
Full NZ Registration Date
4 April 1984
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Dr Barbara Richards is available at the following services: