Dr Brett Rogers
Dr Brett Rogers of is one of New Zealand’s most experienced cataract surgeons.
- Brett has performed almost ten thousand (10,000) cataract operations on Southland, Otago & Central Otago patients.
- He operates exclusively on cataracts at Southern Cross Hospital.
- He also performs various YAG Laser Eye Surgery procedures at his private consulting rooms (for glaucoma & cataract-related problems).
- Brett obtained his MBChB Medical Degree at the University of Otago in Dunedin. He then undertook his Eye Surgery Specialist training at Auckland Hospital and Waikato Hospital, gaining a Fellowships from the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (FRANZCO) and as well, gaining a Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS).
- After working for many years at Southland Hospital, treating a wide range of medical eye conditions and performing numerous cataract, eyelid, glaucoma, squint and other eye operations, Brett has for some years worked in a full-time private capacity at "SOUTHERN CATARACT SURGEONS", both at his 'Invercargill Eye Clinic' and his 'Queenstown Eye Clinic', specialising in Cataract Surgery.
- Brett’s special expertise has always been cataract surgery. He is extremely experienced, has an extremely high success rate and particularly enjoys seeing the huge and rapid difference that cataract surgery makes to his patients’ vision and to their quality of life.
- Brett has had ten years' experience using premium, astigmatism-correcting intraocular-lenses (toric IOLs), implanting well over 1,000 such toric lenses in recent years. Toric lenses can give even better vision following cataract surgery than regular lenses & Brett now offers the option of toric IOLs to about 50% of his cataract patients.
- For Queenstown & Central Otago patients, Brett holds regular cataract clinics at the Queenstown Medical Centre, where he provides cataract assessments and cataract follow-up visits for his cataract patients from throughout Central Otago. (Queenstown & Central Otago cataract patients only need to travel out of town for the actual cataract surgery itself, with the preoperative assessment and the postoperative visits all available at Dr Rogers' frequent Queenstown Medical Centre clinics.)
- Cataract Surgery including 'refractive cataract surgery' with correction of astigmatism
- Laser treatment of posterior capsular thickening (known sometimes as 'secondary cataract')
MB ChB 1977 Otago; FRACS 1987; FRANZCO 1988
Title or Designation
- Fellow of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (F.R.A.N.Z.C.O)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (F.R.A.C.S)
- Member of the Australasian Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the Asia-Pacific Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- International Member of the European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- International Member of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
Full NZ Registration Date
24 November 1978
Dr Brett Rogers is available at the following services:
This service is available at the following locations:
Invercargill Eye Clinic
(03) 218 7778
(03) 218 7776
CATARACT ASSESSMENT CLINICS are held daily at SOUTHERN CATARACT SURGEONS at 56 Victoria Avenue, in Invercargill. For appointments phone Dr Rogers' secretary at (03) 218 7778
9 Isle Street, Queenstown
(03) 218 7778
(03) 218 7776
CATARACT ASSESSMENT CLINICS are held at about two-weekly intervals at the Queenstown Medical Centre. For appointments phone Dr Rogers' secretary at (03) 218 7778
Private Surgical Services
This service is available at the following location:
Southern Cross Hospital - Invercargill
(03) 211 2260
(03) 211 2261