Dr Charles Richardson
MB ChB 1989 Birm; MRCP 1992; MD 2001 Birm; FRACP 2006
I am a UK trained specialist in gastroenterology and internal medicine. I was brought up in Swansea, South Wales, attended the University of Birmingham Medical School and completed postgraduate training at the University hospital of Wales, Cardiff in 2001.
I relocated to New Zealand in 2002 and have lived and worked in Rotorua since 2004: I cannot think of anywhere I would rather be.
I have worked as a Specialist Gastroenterology / Internal Medicine physician at Rotorua hospital since 2004. I am responsible for the care of patients with a wide variety of gastrointestinal (gut and liver) disease. I am fully trained in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (gastroscopy and colonoscopy) procedures.
I am in private practice at Kuirau Surgical Services, Ranolf Street, Rotorua.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- Irritable bowel syndrome and functional disorders of the gut
- Coeliac disease
- The diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding
- Colorectal cancer surveillance
- Peptic ulcer disease and oesophageal reflux.
- The investigation and management of abnormal liver function tests.
- Chronic hepatitis B and hepatitis C infection
- Fatty change of the liver
I also accept referrals for general medical problems. Above all I enjoy talking with people; trying to explain the nature of their symptoms and illness and how best to manage these issues.
Title or Designation
Full NZ Registration Date
4 July 2003
Dr Charles Richardson is available at the following services:
This service is available at the following location: