Dr Han Choi
MB ChB 2011 Otago
Dr Han Choi is a fully registered oral & maxillofacial surgeon. He is also the first Korean born, fully NZ trained, surgeon of this specialty. Dr Choi graduated from dentistry (BDS, with credit) at the University of Otago in 2004. He then moved to Kenepuru Hospital in Wellington for a year to work as a house surgeon. Following this, he has worked in a private dental practice in Auckland for a year.
His long journey to become an oral & maxillofacial surgeon started in 2007 when he successfully gained entry to the conjoint programme at the University of Otago, which involved a medical degree (MBChB), masters degree (MDS) and residency training in Dunedin Public Hospital. He completed the programme in 2011 with top achievement gaining a distinction award in MDS (Oral and Maxillofacial surgery).
- dental implant treatment including bone grafting procedures
- maxillary sinus augmentation (sinus lift).
Title or Designation
- Registered Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dental Council of NZ (DCNZ)
- Registered Medical Practitioner of Medical Council of NZ (MCNZ)
- Member of International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of Australian Society of Implant Dentistry
- Member of AOCMF
Full NZ Registration Date
25 November 2012
Scope of Practice
Dr Han Choi is available at the following service:
This service is available at the following location:
Southern Cross North Harbour Hospital
Phone: (09) 925 4400
Fax: (09) 925 4434
Location details here
Surgeons can be contacted directly at their private consultation rooms.