Mr Nigel Parr
Nigel is a New Zealand trained Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
He graduated from the University of Otago with a Dental Degree, a Medical Degree and a Masters in Oral Surgery.
He also spent several years extending his training and surgical experience in the UK in surgical training programmes where he obtained two fellowships to the Royal College of Surgeons In Edinburgh and Ireland.
This experience has given him the specialized skills to carry out many intricate procedures within the head and neck region, especially in relation to wisdom teeth, dento-alveolar surgery, oral cancer and other oral pathology.
Upon his return to New Zealand in 2000, Nigel worked as a full time consultant at Auckland and Middlemore Hospital. He soon started to develop his private practice and developed a role as a visiting consultant at Whangarei Hospital before establishing in 2008 his own purpose built Day Surgery facility in Green Lane.
- Wisdom teeth
- Impacted or un-erupted teeth
- Dental extractions
- Anaesthesia - local anaesthesia, local anaesthesia with oral sedation, local anaesthesia with intravenous sedation, general anaesthesia
- Oral cancers
- Salivary gland disorders (parotid, submandibular, sublingual)
- Mucocoele (mucous retention cyst)
- Biopsy - soft tissue (lips, tongue, cheek or palate), bony cysts and lesions, scar tissue revision
- Apicectomy (root tip removal, sealing root canal, abscess)
- Soft tissue (gum) surgery
- Dental implants
- Orthognathic (jaw) surgery
- TMJ disorders
MB ChB 1995 Otago; FFDRCSI (Oral Surgery) 1997 Ireland; FRCS (OMS) 1999 Edin
Title or Designation
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Full NZ Registration Date
25 November 1996
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Mr Nigel Parr is available at the following services:
This service is available at the following locations:
Greenlane Clinical Centre
(09) 367 0000
(09) 276 0000 (All Departments)
Auckland City Hospital
(09) 367 0000
Starship Child Health, Central Auckland