Mr Ali Shekouh
MB ChB 1995 Lpool; MD 2007 Lpool; CCT (UK) (Gen Surg) 2012; FRCS (Gen Surg) 2012; FRACS (GS) 2015
I graduated at the University of Liverpool, UK and trained extensively in all aspects of general surgery, with colorectal surgery subspecialty, in and around Merseyside, UK. I attended two colorectal specialist fellowships in the USA and Singapore.
I have an MD degree for research in the Molecular Biology of Cancer from the University of Liverpool, UK. I was a Consultant General and Colorectal surgeon in the UK prior to my move to New Zealand in April 2014.
I currently work as a Colorectal and General surgeon at Wellington Hospital. I am also a Senior Lecturer at the Wellington School of Medicine, University of Otago.
My area of expertise is within all aspects of gastrointestinal disease, but in particular:
- Laparoscopic Colon and Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Colon and Small Bowel Surgery (Open and Laparoscopic)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Management and Surgery
- Pelvic Floor Disorders (including prolapse) and Surgery
- Anorectal Diseases (including haemorrhoids, fissures and fistulae)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery
- Hernia Repair (Laparoscopic and Open - including ventral and abdominal wall repair)
- Colonoscopy, Colonic Surveillance and Gastroscopy
Title or Designation
Full NZ Registration Date
4 December 2014
Mr Ali Shekouh is available at the following services: