Mr Atul Dhabuwala
MB BS 1990 Bombay; FRACS (GS) 2005
Atul Dhabuwala is an experienced General Surgeon who completed his medical degree in India. After immigrating to New Zealand he trained in General Surgery and completed his Royal Australasian Fellowship in General Surgery in 2005. He extended his skills in Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal surgery in Germany and New Zealand. He started Private Bariatric surgery service in 2009. He also has a public hospital attachment at the Lower Hutt Hospital as a Consultant General Surgeon performing a wide range of surgery including Upper Gastrointestinal, biliary, pancreatic, bowel, thyroid and hernia surgery. He is extremely enthusiastic about Minimally Invasive (Laparoscopic) Surgery.
* Laparoscopic Weight Loss Surgery - Sleeve Gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and Loop (Mini) Gastric Bypass.
* Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux / Hiatus hernia surgery
* Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Surgery
* Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
* Laparoscopic Bowel Surgery
* Thyroid Surgery
* Gastric surgery
* Pancreatic surgery
* Pilonidal Sinus surgery
Title or Designation
Full NZ Registration Date
15 April 1999
Mr Atul Dhabuwala is available at the following services: