Mr Bruce Hodgson
I am a trained Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in spinal surgery of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. I have major interests in adult and paediatric spinal deformity, degenerative, trauma and tumour surgery.
I head the Scoliosis Unit (children's spinal deformity) at Dunedin Hospital with tertiary referral basis through the South Island. The scoliosis service has been recognised by the American Scoliosis Research Society when I was made an International Fellow of the Society in 1999.
My other areas of specialty include adult bone and joint reconstruction (hip and knee joint replacement) along with general orthopaedic sports medicine (arthroscopic surgery of the knee, hip and shoulder).
MB ChB 1980 Auckland; Dip Obst 1981 Auckland; FRACS 1987
Title or Designation
- Exeter, United Kingdom, 1988 (Bone and Joint Reconstruction Fellowship)
- Munich, Germany, 1989 (Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship)
- University of Witswatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa 1989/1990 (Spinal Surgery Fellowship)
Positions and Memberships
- Visiting Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dunedin Public Hospital
- Visiting Orthopaedic and Scoliosis Surgeon, Christchurch Public Hospital
- Clinical Lecturer, University of Otago
- Foundation Member New Zealand Spine Society (New Zealand Pedicle Club)
Full NZ Registration Date
6 May 1981
Mr Bruce Hodgson is available at the following services:
This service is available at the following location:
(03) 474 0999
Ward 3B extn 58907 - Fax 03 474 7907
Ward 3C extn 58909 - Fax 03 474 7661
Outpatient Clinic extn 59243 - Fax 03 474 7746
Pre-admission Clinic extn 59249 - Fax 03 474 7746
Fracture Clinic extn 58337 - Fax 03 474 7695