Mr Chris Birks
MB ChB 1995 Otago; FRACS (Orth) 2005
Orthopaedic Surgery of the Lower Limb. This includes Hip, Knee and Ankle replacement, trauma and sports injuries, as well as deformity and arthritis surgery.
I have a special interest in Knee Surgery, and Foot and Ankle Surgery.
Title or Designation
My Orthopaedic training was completed in New Zealand, predominately in Dunedin and Christchurch. I underwent further subspecialty training in Knee Surgery and Foot and Ankle Surgery in Melbourne, Australia.
Positions and Membership
- Clinical Lecturer University of Otago
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- New Zealand Orthopaedic Association
- New Zealand Knee and Sports Surgery Society
- New Zealand Foot and Ankle Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Full NZ Registration Date
14 May 1997
Mr Chris Birks is available at the following services:
This service is available at the following location:
Ward 3B extn 58907 - Fax 03 474 7907
Ward 3C extn 58909 - Fax 03 474 7661
Outpatient Clinic extn 59243 - Fax 03 474 7746
Pre-admission Clinic extn 59249 - Fax 03 474 7746
Fracture Clinic extn 58337 - Fax 03 474 7695